Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting machine

On 2013-03-16, Pete C. wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

On 2013-03-15, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:10:32 -0500, Ignoramus13603
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Snyder-Machine/

"6 station milling machine" with total of 280 HP, not counting two
hydraulic power units.

Oh, jeez. I hope you're not planning to buy it. That's the kind of
machine you used to see in the automobile industry -- 40 years ago.

I already bought it. I hope that it weighs 50 tons.

Well, it should have LOTS of useful parts in it. Lots of
hydraulic valves, maybe even some Moog proportional servo valves.

He's probably going to kill somebody one of these days soon; he's got
zero
formal training and most of his "rigging" is junk that someone else has
discarded for safety issues.

IIRC, he's already come close at least once, while disassembling an
overhead
crane.

You recall incorrectly. He witnessed some hacks nearly get killed
disassembling an overhead crane, he had nothing to do with it.

You are correct. Someone else was doing the dismantling. Those people
are scrap metal gypsies (Romani).

I never buy overhead cranes, as a matter of fact, due to safety
concerns. Too heavy and too high for me to deal with. You need two
big telehandlers to remove them safely.

So much venom from this "precisionmachinist", all because I killfiled
him for off-topic posts. Doubtfully this is a successful , well adjusted
individual.

Sam, offtopic posts? Are u kidding?
What is it with you assholes and killfiling, anyway?? Did you all run away
with yer toys when you were kids, as well??

Dude, PM is one of THE smartest people around here. Admittedly in need of
improved bedside manners, but sheeit, compared to the avg kill-filing
asshole here, dats really minor.

Bottom line is, you have simply vexed a small group who have the insight to
realize that you essentially milk rcm for personal gain. That some
inneresting offshoots occasionally occur from sed milking are purely
coincidental, but is apparently is enough to warrant a regular Group
Fellatio.
And some assholes think you warrant a book..... DAT gave me vertigo, let
me tell you..... I'm STILL wobbly from dat one....
--
EA