Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default quality a thing of the past?

woodchucker wrote:
I had to wire wheel the brink and cotton down, it was heavily rusted. I
was marveling at how well it cleaned up, then compared it against my
Bessey from a garage sale. The brink and cotton's were my dads. So they
have to be over 50 years old, probably 60-70 years old.

Check out the larger swivelling pad (don't know what it's called).
Heavier threaded rod, and the through rod on the B&C is so well
finished compared to the bessey.

We used to make quality stuff here in the USA..

--
Jeff

I actually bought a couple of Cotton bar clamps about 20~25 years ago. The
clamp end slides and uses a BB like steel ball that indents and locks onto
the bar. IIRC they are about 18" long.