Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19014 Ignoramus19014 is offline

Default Interesting machine

On 2013-03-17, Existential Angst wrote:
"Ignoramus13603" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Snyder-Machine/

"6 station milling machine" with total of 280 HP, not counting two
hydraulic power units.

What did you pay for alladat?

A lot!

You can proly estimate the weight pretty well. Steel weighs 480#/cu
ft, ditto copper, brass (approx), or 60# per 6" cube. You could
proly visually estimate an avg "spatial density" of select
measurable volumes pretty well, and come up with a grand total, good
to +/- 15%.

I imagine it is going to take quite some time disassembling alladat, on top
of the rigging itself.

I am still learning this scrap business.

My best guess is that there is 50 short tons of steel in it. (I hate
short tons, but scrap yards here operate in short tons)

My another guess is that disassembly and rigging, will take 4 days.