Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default quality a thing of the past?

"woodchucker" wrote in message

I had to wire wheel the brink and cotton down, it was heavily rusted.
I was marveling at how well it cleaned up, then compared it against my
Bessey from a garage sale. The brink and cotton's were my dads. So they
have to be over 50 years old, probably 60-70 years old.

Check out the larger swivelling pad (don't know what it's called).
Heavier threaded rod, and the through rod on the B&C is so well finished
compared to the bessey.

We used to make quality stuff here in the USA..
Look around, we still do. C clamps have been all over the place as for pad
size, screw size, tread type and material forever. No comparison unless you
are comparing the same make and model from different times.

--
Jeff