Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
amdx[_2_] amdx[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of Windows 7

On 3/15/2013 12:19 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
amdx wrote:
On 3/14/2013 8:19 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
I just hooked up my HDMI TV to my computer.
I have the Video working fine with output on the
computer monitor and the HDMI tv simultaneously.

I can only get audio from the line out -OR-
through the HDMI, but not both.

Is it possible to have both hot at the same time?
Mikek

Whats the HDMI hardware and Line out hardware?
It might be a DRM thing.

Cheer

Video card

MSI N430GT-MD1GD3-OC/LP GeForce GT 430
-HDMI- (with audio out) mounted on video card

Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard
-Lineout- audio on motherboard

Thanks, Mikek

My wild guess is that since the OS is "wired" to run audio thru the
MB's ASIC speakers (see the Device Manager for proof), then you ain't
gonna get audio out of any other hardware.
It isn't like the BIOS can re-direct audio like (on some MBs) one can
re-direct video from MB to graphics card.

I don't want to sound argumentative, and I'm sure I don't understand
what is happening, but, in Device Manager I can redirect the audio from
the MOBO lineout to the graphics card HDMI out.
What I can't do is have audio out of both simultaneously.
If I can get that to work, I won't need to enter the computer area
make 8 clicks to switch the audio to the HDMI cable then go to the TV room.

Through all this poking around in the control panel, I found a second
route to switch the audio and the video. There are separate categories
for Nvidia Control Panel and Realtek HD Audio Manager. This may be
helpful, sometimes when I enter "Manage Audio Devices" the line I want
is not high lighted, and I haven't figured out what I finally click
to get it highlighted so I can use it.

I also see my graphics card is HDCP-capable, huh?
So after a google search, HDCP- High Definition Content Protection,
And that means," If you use an HTPC and want to ensure dual use of
your new flat panel display, look for HDCP compatibility."
Back to google, HTPC- Home Theatre Personal Computer.

I think I'll send an email to my MoBo manufacturer.

Thank, Mikek