Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Speaking of Windows 7

amdx wrote:
On 3/14/2013 8:19 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
I just hooked up my HDMI TV to my computer.
I have the Video working fine with output on the
computer monitor and the HDMI tv simultaneously.

I can only get audio from the line out -OR-
through the HDMI, but not both.

Is it possible to have both hot at the same time?
Mikek

Whats the HDMI hardware and Line out hardware?
It might be a DRM thing.

Cheer

Video card

MSI N430GT-MD1GD3-OC/LP GeForce GT 430
-HDMI- (with audio out) mounted on video card

Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard
-Lineout- audio on motherboard

Thanks, Mikek

My wild guess is that since the OS is "wired" to run audio thru the
MB's ASIC speakers (see the Device Manager for proof), then you ain't
gonna get audio out of any other hardware.
It isn't like the BIOS can re-direct audio like (on some MBs) one can
re-direct video from MB to graphics card.