Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT - Importing a Northern Irish car into England

Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:47:24 +0000, ARW wrote:

I have no paperwork at all. All I have is a car with an NI
number plate and the keys.

Any ideas?

All the DVLA website says is "contact the DVLA"

Have you nicked it or has someone given it you to settle a debt or
what? Or should I mind my own business?

I found it.

Park it somewhere WELL away from your house for a few days.

Then contact http://www.dvlni.gov.uk in the first instance.

Will do.

I am going for the finders keepers. The worst thing that can happen is that
it turns out the car is stolen/used in a murder etc. But what the Hell - I
did not pinch it or kill anyone. And the car was not there when the
warehouse was cleared out 2 years ago by the balliffs when the guy who owned
it went under through no fault of his own (ie nothing criminal he was owed
money by another company or two that had gone bust).

--
Adam