Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Importing a Northern Irish car into England

On 14/03/2013 19:14, ARW wrote:
GB wrote:
On 14/03/2013 19:02, ARW wrote:

It's been parked up in a disused warehouse for at least the last
two years (at a guess). It's still there. And it did start with
the help of some jump leads.

At a guess, you are Woody Allen, and the car is a VW Beetle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctin21yrfcA

The sad news is that it is a VW Golf and not a VW Beetle. The new
warehouse owner says I can have the Golf.

If he puts that in writing, then that would be good enough for me.

As another poster has intimated. A common ploy is to say to their
insurance company their car has been stolen, but in reality store it
away for a few years.

I'm not sure if an HPI check would provide any help in this instance.