Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do you attach romex to an outdoor outlet box mounted to brick?

On Mar 13, 8:00*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:37:26 -0400, RBM wrote:
*Use a Romex button type connector from Arlington Industries. Trim
about 1/8" - 3/16" off with diagonal pliers and it will fit into the
threaded opening. *Stuff the hole with duct seal before mounting the
box. *Caulk three sides of the box and the cover.

I've been doing exactly that, since I first discovered Arlington
buttons. I always feel like I'm cheating a bit, but at the end of the
day, it's such a better job, and no sharp edges of the box or the Romex
connector cutting into the cable.

What is an Arlington Button?
Please post a web link for a photo.

google is your friend