Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] generic@internet.com is offline

Default How do you attach romex to an outdoor outlet box mounted to brick?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:37:26 -0400, RBM wrote:

*Use a Romex button type connector from Arlington Industries. Trim
about 1/8" - 3/16" off with diagonal pliers and it will fit into the
threaded opening. Stuff the hole with duct seal before mounting the
box. Caulk three sides of the box and the cover.

I've been doing exactly that, since I first discovered Arlington
buttons. I always feel like I'm cheating a bit, but at the end of the
day, it's such a better job, and no sharp edges of the box or the Romex
connector cutting into the cable.

What is an Arlington Button?
Please post a web link for a photo.