Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How do you attach romex to an outdoor outlet box mounted to brick?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:15:03 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

One idea I had was put the clamp inside the box. Obviously frst I
would run the romex through the box, attach the romex to the clamp,
tighten the 2 screws on the clamp, then thread the clamp onto the box
until it is tight. Then finally attach the box to the wall. Is this ok?

I put a GFCI outlet in a stucco column we built. Screwed the clamp
inside the box on the backside hole, used on offset screwdriver to
tighten the screws after the wire was pulled through. Mounted the box
- done.

Offset Screwdriver:

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/resources/files/SL630021.jpg