Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do you attach romex to an outdoor outlet box mounted to brick?

I am installing an outlet on the outside of my brick house and I have
already run the romex to the outside by drilling a 1/2" hole through
the brick. I am trying to figure out how would I attach the romex to
the box. If I used a regular NM clamp, I would need to make the hole
in the brick a lot bigger, like an inch or so diameter, so the box
would sit flush against the brick, and so the clamp would fit inside
the 1 inch hole.
Is there another way to do this? Do I even need to secure the romex to
the box? Or can I secure it from inside the house before it enters the
hole to go outside and just caulk it or use GreatStuff to seal it?

*Use a Romex button type connector from Arlington Industries. Trim about
1/8" - 3/16" off with diagonal pliers and it will fit into the threaded
opening. Stuff the hole with duct seal before mounting the box. Caulk
three sides of the box and the cover.