Posted to uk.d-i-y
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Oven thermometers

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 08:10:48 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article . com,
Mike Lane wrote:

I have one of these:
http://thermometer.co.uk/427-oven-th...and-timer.html

It seems quite accurate - boiling water reads 100C. It's excellent for
measuring the internal temperature of food while cooking in the oven

Almost got one of those, but went for the dual-probe "Heston" ones a
while back - which is good to be used while stuff is cooking (Keep the
actual meter outside the oven though!) It works in the BBQ too
http://unicorn.drogon.net/chickens.jpg

Gordon

Just working my way up to buying one of these and then checked the spec.

"Temp range from 16°F to 302°F or -9°C to 150°C"

So this is a food in the oven thermometer not an oven thermometer.

I need to measure up to 250C at least to check the oven temperature is
accurate.

Years ago when our Creda oven had the fan and heating element replaced the
installer had a multi-meter with a temperature probe.

This may be the way to go.

Cheers

Dave R