Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Parade Magazine - HF

nestork wrote:
HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over
50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

Slight correction: I did not comment on the shipping charges.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles
from Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Uh, no. I picked it up at my local store.

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a
courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

HF probably absorbs the additional shipping cost when the cost exceeds
$6.99.