Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Parade Magazine - HF

Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation.
I almost never look at it because it has articles like "What every woman was
wearing at the Cat Show," but for some reason I happened to glance through
it today.

The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.

None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light
switches, assorted reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).

The ad DID have your standard 20% off coupon, but this is no big deal
inasmuch as we all now know where to get one on the web
http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...aff-17547.html

What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! The very
same one that was on sale this weekend for a dollar. Yippee!

Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

inasmuch as we all now know where to get one on the webhttp://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-17547.html

What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! The very
same one that was on sale this weekend for a dollar. Yippee!

Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

Where have you been? That ad runs every weekend almost all year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/03/2013, HeyBub supposed :
Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation.
I almost never look at it because it has articles like "What every woman was
wearing at the Cat Show," but for some reason I happened to glance through it
today.

The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.

None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light
switches, assorted reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).

Don't you have gravity in the wrong hemisphere to drive a plumbob? :-?

--
John G

Senior Member

HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over 50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

Last edited by nestork : March 11th 13 at 05:32 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over
50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from
Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a
courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

"Shipping" often includes "handling" even if they don't state it as S&H.
Handling costs rarely match actual cost of the handling. It probably cost
them a couple of bucks to ship the batteries but they they hit you for the
extra $10 just because they can.

Whenever I shop online, I sort by total cost whenever possible. Amazon
let's you do that. Just yesterday I bought something for $3.59 plus $4.99
shipping instead of $8.99 with free shipping. I don't really care what the
fake S&H charges are as long as the total cost is the lowest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over
50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

Slight correction: I did not comment on the shipping charges.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles
from Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Uh, no. I picked it up at my local store.

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a
courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

HF probably absorbs the additional shipping cost when the cost exceeds
$6.99.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation. I almost never look
at it because it has articles like "What every woman was wearing at the Cat Show," but for some
reason I happened to glance through it today.

The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.

None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light switches, assorted
reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).

The ad DID have your standard 20% off coupon, but this is no big deal inasmuch as we all now know
where to get one on the web
http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...aff-17547.html

What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! The very same one that was on
sale this weekend for a dollar. Yippee!

Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

Here's a 25% off HF coupon good for another 3 months....Paul

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachm...8&d=1362001778

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2013 12:36 AM, nestork wrote:
HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over
50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from
Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a
courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight.
I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was
only $13.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Unless you're the government, some people
think you're unpatriotic, and probably a
terrorist.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Frank" wrote in message

Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight.
I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was
only $13.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. *Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. *Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. *Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles
from Winnipeg. *Was your saw shipped that far?

lithium ion batteries are fire hazards, just ask boeing about their
dreamliner...

carriers sometimes charge more for hazardous stuff, because it
requires special handling

Posted to alt.home.repair

Packratpaul wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Wow! Thanks!

Can I use it a Bed, Bath, & Beyond? The coupon itself doesn't say which
company it's for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 11, 2013 12:36:50 AM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

No, Harbor Freight simply rolls the average cost of shipping into the price of the item.

Your lithium battery prices were artificially low, and the seller is getting all his profit by overcharging you for shipping.

The $6.99 is a token "handling" charge.

Of course HF ships by the cheapest means possible: square-wheeled ox cart pulled by a retarded lizard. If you want better shipping then you pay normal rates.

Parade Magazine - HF HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 18 March 12th 13 02:31 PM
Train hits parade float in Midland TX carrying veterans - anyone gotvideo of this? Casey Jones Home Repair 21 November 18th 12 02:56 PM
Hit Parade? Swingman Woodworking 13 March 9th 09 07:32 PM
Warning on Magazine Subscription from Magazine World [email protected] Woodworking 1 March 11th 06 01:21 AM