Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Parade Magazine - HF

nestork wrote:
HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over
50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital
camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together
weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for
the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from
Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a
courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound
saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US
are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

"Shipping" often includes "handling" even if they don't state it as S&H.
Handling costs rarely match actual cost of the handling. It probably cost
them a couple of bucks to ship the batteries but they they hit you for the
extra $10 just because they can.

Whenever I shop online, I sort by total cost whenever possible. Amazon
let's you do that. Just yesterday I bought something for $3.59 plus $4.99
shipping instead of $8.99 with free shipping. I don't really care what the
fake S&H charges are as long as the total cost is the lowest.