Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

On 11/03/2013 08:17, polygonum wrote:

The current advice leaflet urges you to take most people to A&E
yourself. A quick dash to a local hospital, maybe a couple of miles
away, is one thing. Indeed I was able to get myself there fine last time
I needed some help. But once you set out on a fifteen mile cross-country
trip, you really have to hope the person does not deteriorate, that your
initial assessment was good enough. And when in doubt, you are more
likely to call an ambulance - which becomes an increase in NHS costs.
But from a different budget.

I would say that if you are unsure about the condition of the patient
you need to call an ambulance anyway.
they will quickly asses if there is a real need and dispatch an
ambulance if needed.
they will probably dispatch one if the need isn't critical and they
aren't all busy waiting at the local A&E (after all its training anyway).