Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default For your viewing pleasure, scans of vintage machinery ads and engravings

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 08:11:17 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 3/10/2013 1:35 AM, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:05:11 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 8 Mar 2013 02:54:21 GMT, "DoN.

On 2013-03-06, Jon wrote:
On 3/6/2013 12:37 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Wow! I gotta get me wunna them steam gyroscopes!
Maybe it'll keep the planet from losing its tilt.

Going to need a friggin big gyroscope for that task...

Isn't the planet itself the gyroscope?

Um, a 24 hour period is a mighty slow rate.

Its just a matter of scale. What...86,400 seconds is too slow for
you?

Thats 1 rpd....but its a bit more than 1000 mph. And it goes around
the sun at 67,000 mph

Course that too is only 1 rpy. Shrug

Gunner

I guess you shot this off before you saw my post?

Of course.

Surface speed for 1 g at 1AU is not 1 RPY.

Of course its not.
And?

Gunner

1. Lie