Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Connector blainking pin question

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 09:51:11 +0000, fred wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 08:28:08 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On Sunday 10 March 2013 00:21 Bob Eager wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'm making up some flat IDC cables which terminate in a 0.1 inch
pitch IDC header socket. This fits onto a board connector with 9 pins
(one omitted).

Clearly I'd like to fill the unused hole to make it impossible to
plug the things in the wrong way round. I'm probably going to use a
blob of epoxy, but does anyone have their own easy way of doing it?

A long time ago I bought some plastic pegs that you could inset for
this purpose. They were V-shaped to hold into the hole and had a flat
very thin top to cover the hole.

Might well have been RS or Farnell.

I tried Farnell but I'll look at RS. They do at least exist, then.

Yep, definitely seen them.

Next best thing is to dip a the end of a cocktail stick in epoxy and
push it in firmly, cutting off the excess with flush cutters for a
professional finish :-)

Not too much glue in case it migrates.

That's a good uk-d-i-y one!

Nope, because cocktail sticks are much too thick.