Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT -- Windows 8

Matt wrote in
eb.com:

About a year ago I started thinking it was time to replace my old
laptop (Windows XP). I kept hearing negatives about the upcoming Win
8 (programming for 42 years gives me access to all sorts of goodie
info), so back in September I picked up an HP laptop with Win 7 on it.
I feel for those who are now having to deal with Win 8.

Matt

I haven't played with Windows 8 much, so the jury's still out as far as
I'm concerned. However, I'm not liking what I see. Windows 7 got most
of the Desktop UI right, and actually set the bar very high for the next
version of Windows. (I'd like to go into the office of the guy who turned
autosort on all the time and start rearranging his stuff automatically.
Grab the pencil right out of his hand, too.)

What I don't understand is Windows RT. They put that on the cheap
version of the Surface tablet and waited almost 4 months to release the
full version. What good is Windows if you can't run Windows programs?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.