Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default My Airplane display is not on Display!

"Swingman" wrote in message

I have an old Remington Model 11 (Browning patent) 20 ga (which I got when
I was 11 years old); a 1950's era Browning A5, 12 ga; and the Citori O&U
(full and modified choke) 12ga, magnum chambered.

The Citori is my favorite ... like you, it has become an extension of my
arms and eyes.

That said, I don't hunt much any longer, but I did more than my share of
dove, quail, duck and goose hunting for 50 years.

I did the below twice a year, with clients, for a good ten years ... don't
think it is even possible to do this any longer:

In South America they have dove hunts... I think the standard package is two
cases of shells per day but you can buy more!

I've thinned out the inventory... down to the two Brownings, a 20 gauge S&W
Gold Elite English stock, and a 28 gauge CZ Ringneck. The Gold Elite is all
I used the past two seasons... great woodcock and grouse gun where action is
fast in tight cover. I do better with the Citori on the relatively slow
flying pheasants in more open cover but the Gold Elite carries so nicely I
carried it for them too... missed a few though. ;~)

Amusingly I used the Gold Elite at the Boy Scout sporting clays fundraiser
last fall at Orvis Sandanona... worst score I ever got, a 50, but that got
me first place in the "beginner's category" which we determined by the
median score...! LOL That gun was totally out of place amongst the 12 gauge
O/Us but I was there to have fun with the Gold Elite and I did. One of the
trappers was giving me crap about shooting from a low gun during warm up.
When my team showed up at his station during the shoot he started in again.
He didn't say a word after I hit 5/6, from a low gun at a difficult uphill,
tight, fast station where many got 0-3. That gun is made for that kind of
shooting... those big slow 12 gauge guns were handicapped there. ;~)

Sort of on topic... I'm working on a fitted case for the Gold Elite... oak
frame and exterior with a cherry interior. I made one but am not crazy about
it... it was a good learning experience though. I'm going to strip the
Brusso Quadrant Hinges and Gerstner leather handle and compartment (drawer)
pull and make another one.

John