Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers (OK to be offensive)

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 11:18:08 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:35:10 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:

Easy.

Reply with "Go **** yourself" or if the caller is Asian try very hard
to be
a racist and be abusive.
You will get a red mark on your phone number. I've worked as a
contractor in call centers and have seen it happen.

The way things are going you might find the police at your door, after
you've been reported for "hate crimes". Simon.

I do not think it is an offense to be abusive to an unsolicited phone
call. Is unsolicited the correct word?

Interesting question ....

Nope. Of course its an offense, most obviously with unsolicited phone
calls that are the result of someone calling someone they didn't intend
to call, a wrong number etc.

Like when Abdul asks for me by name and tells me that he is calling from
Microsoft?