Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to build a file rack?

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 05 Mar 2013
02:31:17 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Gunner on Mon, 04 Mar 2013 02:17:02 -0800 typed

Instead of wrapping baling wire around something to hold it on, replace
or FIX the damned thing. If you fix it, fix it right, so it looks as
good and works as well or better than the original part.

Golf balls dont work as handle ends? Really?

I have hundreds of golf balls in shag bags. They aren't machine parts.
I do NOT have a warehouse of spare parts for my machines. But almost all
of them are a day or two away from online vendors.

Lloyd

I just remembered..the off/on knob on my Clausing 1500 lathe is a golf
ball too. The one down on the long traveling shifter. Perhaps I
should spend the $150 that Clausing wanted for the proper knob and
assembly

There's a part of me which is thinking "Golf Ball?? Wouldn't
billiard balls be longer lasting?"

Use a bowling ball. They already have several sizes of holes for
mounting.

You wouldn't miss it. Get one of the colored swirling patterns -
it would be striking!
--
pyotr filipivich