Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default OT the headline writers simply gert worse every year

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 21:45:36 +0000, polygonum wrote:

Most of those sort of bridges you don't really notice. The Dartford
crossing one, you do. It looks quite intimidating approaching it. ;-)

Try Millau

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djclark/854959381/

Looks nice.

I actually found one of the most disconcerting bridges to be Erskine -
going south (IIRC). Not quite the picture in my head but not a bad
illustration:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65166290@N00/6980051873/

You feel as if you are on top of the bridge and could easily drive off.

Surely the worst bridge must be the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, on a boat:

http://www.holiday-canal-boat.com/im...ysyllte_aquedu
ct.jpg

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/tour/facilities/

And choose the 6th option down the list. I've stood at the end of it
and did not really fancy the walk across.

--
Bill