Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Key ident help, plz

On 3/8/13 1:21 PM, val189 wrote:
On Mar 8, 12:22 pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/8/2013 10:52 AM, val189 wrote:

This is a long shot, but......I have had for years two small
silvertone keys with 'SARASOTA' embossed on 'em. Any idea what they
could be for? I'm ready to toss em out. A friend has one with 'BELL'
on it and is similarly in the dark. Are these brand names maybe or a
key mfr?

Thanks for listening

Silvertone could be for a guitar case and the one with BELL could be an
old Bell Telephone box key for something like a payphone or equipment
box. Without a picture of the keys, that's my SWAG. ^_^

TDD

I have never owned a guitar. The Sarasota key has a number S001
stamped on it.

Neither she nor anyone in her family ever worked for a telephone
company. I have no idea how long she's had that key, tho. Thanks for
the SWAG.

The Sarasota may have been for a boat. See
http://www.dredgeharbor.com/shopexd.asp?id=198322&bc=no

Maybe the Bell was for a helicopter ?? ;-)
http://www.bellhelicopter.com/