Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers (OK to be offensive)

On 08/03/2013 11:23, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 11:18:08 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:35:10 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:

Easy.

Reply with "Go **** yourself" or if the caller is Asian try very hard
to be
a racist and be abusive.
You will get a red mark on your phone number. I've worked as a
contractor in call centers and have seen it happen.

The way things are going you might find the police at your door, after
you've been reported for "hate crimes". Simon.

I do not think it is an offense to be abusive to an unsolicited phone
call. Is unsolicited the correct word?

Interesting question ....

I find an answerphone on the line works wonders on cold callers.
Failing that "Just hold the line and I will go and get him"...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown