Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:00:12 +1300, Gib Bogle
wrote:

When people call talking about a survey, or mentioning the name of a
product or company, I just say "Not interested thanks" and hang up. I
actually feel a bit sorry for the people with these ****ty jobs. I
wouldn't have felt sorry for your caller, but then she never would have
got the chance to swear at me.

From yesterday:
'Is that Mr Johnson? We're doing a short 60 second life-style survey
of the people in the Parkside Close area.'

I had someone call me with a "survey" last week.

She asked some weird questions about whether we had carpets and whether
anyone in the house had asthma (along with the what age group are you etc
type questions.

And that was it.

I don't know if she was cold calling to try and get numbers for people to
call back later to try to sell some wooden flooring, but she could have
filtered me out form that by just establishing that I live in rented and it
wasn't my responsibility

tim