Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools left outside

In sci.electronics.repair Danny D. wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:02:05 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

UPDATE:
I'm finding more and more uses for the phosphoric acid you guys suggested!

After ten minutes, I see that buttery white stuff again.

The unknown white lard 'seems' to be where the rust was heaviest.

the white crud is from letting the pink slime dry. you have to really
scrub it off, then it's gone for good.