Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cast bullet gear question..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:34:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:25:09 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 07:50:31 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Now you can wait with baited breath for me to explain Volatile
and
Nimrod.

I'm waiting with bated breath for you to explain baited breath.
Is
that what your breath is like after eating squid sushi? d8-)
Ed Huntress

I did, you missed it. (A)bated came from "The Merchant of Venice",

along with "Pound of flesh".

"You would abate the strength of your displeasure"? "Take then thy
bond, take thou thy pound of flesh"?

I don't get the connection.

It still looks like you used the wrong word -- which we all do
from
time to time and which I don't even bother to point out, unless
it's
funny. This one looked funny. "Baited breath" is a common misuse
and
people have been making jokes about the misuse forever.

--
Ed Huntress

http://shakespeare.mit.edu/merchant/merchant.1.3.html
"With bated breath and whispering humbleness,"

Ok, but it still doesn't clear up the reason you used the expression
"baited breath." I'm still hanging here, waiting to understand it,
with bated breath. g

Is this another obscure literary reference? Or are you baiting us?

--
Ed Huntress

You apparently missed the original discussion.