unbeliever1865 unbeliever1865 is offline
Junior Member

Question Ceiling light assistance

Hi and help!
I have removed a ceiling light I have previously replaced but this time it's gone wrong!
I can 't get it wired right at all

I have 4 cables from the ceiling each with a red, a black and an earth. I know one runs what I'd call a 'serial' circuit to a second light from this light.

Following the original set up I have 4 reds together, 3 blacks and 1 separate black. A brown goes into the light L port from the single black and a blue returns to the clustered blacks from the N port.

Foolishly I didn't mark the switch wires and have run trial and error on the blacks to varying results - best being solidly on.

Please can someone offer some advice.

Thanks