Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to build a file rack?

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:06:24 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:28:24 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?"Larry Jaques" ? wrote in message
?? .. .
?? ?? On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 22:57:58 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
?? ?? ? wrote:
?? ??
?? ???
?? ???I got lotsa handles made from scrap wood with pipe or tubing
?? ???ferrules.
?? ??
?? ?? Copper tubing works a treat for ferrules. Anything to help the
?? ?? wood.
?? ?
?? ?Yep, it's a good use for short scrap from replumbing. I also use
?? ?leftover EMT and aluminum tubing.
??
?? Ooh, a stick of 1/2" EMT would make over 100, wouldn't it?
?? I'll have to remember this.
?
?
? Any big electrical contractors in your area? I had one offer to let
?me leave a utility trailer at his storage lot for his crews to toss all
?their scrap metal into.

No, I don't think there are, but someone would probably steal both the
trailer and metal if I had a contractor or trailer handy. Thanks
anyway. I do have a bent tube of 1/2" EMT + a tubing cutter, though.

There was a 12' chain link fence around the warehouse & offices where
they loccked up ther trucks at night. I got about five free trailer
loads, before I moved out of the area.