Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default mold forms on cords, knobs, and tool handles

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:03:27 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

The microscope photos were awful, grainy, and somewhat otto focus but
sufficient to make a few observations:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/white-plastic-rot/
I left the microscope setup in my office and will try to take some
better pictures with better objective lenses and better lighting on
Monday night. Bottom lighting didn't work because the "plastic rot"
was too thick. It also wrecked the focus as my depth of field is very
limited at x100 and x400. Maybe lower power will help.

I took some more photos, but they were about the same as the others.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/white-plastic-rot/
The particle sizes are too thick to get a decent photo due to the lack
of depth of field. I just wanted one that shows the plastic like
shine, that is characteristic of plastics, and not mold. I'll melt or
set fire to the stuff later this week.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D