Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wond[_2_] Wond[_2_] is offline

Default Workman-like make of valve/tube sockets?

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 09:09:11 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

A sustainable source of robust sockets?

Or even a source of pins of part spiral type perhaps , scaled up to 2mm
of turned pin socket type say or even scaled up QM. I've only once come
across bent pins on octal valves (owner bent them for easier access) .
Just to replace the grid pins of modern sockets, if not the remainder.
What else uese 2 to2.2mm size pins these days that has mating sockets?

It occurs to me, Heathkit gear used good quality components, mounted
with nuts and bolts. Lots of good hardware there, if you can find it.