Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Transition Zone Transition Zone is offline

Default Eat Organics - NOT Moi!

On Mar 5, 11:44*am, George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/5/2013 8:40 AM, Transition Zone wrote:

On Mar 5, 7:45 am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:32:44 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

wrote:
On Mar 4, 11:52 am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 08:14:49 -0800 (PST), Transition Zone

wrote:
On Mar 2, 11:08 pm, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 19:11:46 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

wrote:
On Mar 2, 5:07 pm, BottleBob wrote:
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:13:43 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 2, 12:39 pm, Transition Zone wrote:
"The truth is, that when you throw out the pulp, you are throwing out
most of the fiber and nutrients along with that pulp." That can
increase health problems."
I don't like how the pulp tastes. If it wasn't for juicing, I would
not be consuming parsley, ginger, spinach, kale or celery. I also
dislike salads. The fiber will have to come from somewhere else..

Jon:

Might I suggest some Metamucil? LOL

I was never a fan of rabbit food myself, until just a few years ago. I now get 10oz-12oz packages of Leafy Romaine salad. I put in some mushrooms, a 6oz can of Crab Meat - 0 carbs, 7g Protein. And for salad dressing I use... everyone is going to say "euuuuwww"... Sugar-Free I-HOP pancake syrup (20 Calories per quarter cup).

--
BottleBobhttp://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

"Might I suggest some Metamucil? * LOL"

:)

Was told I needed to be on a high fiber diet. I was eating a lot of
baked beans but now I won't because of the sugar. Not sure how I'm
going to handle this.

"I was never a fan of rabbit food myself, until just a few years ago.
I now get 10oz-12oz packages of Leafy Romaine salad. *I put in some
mushrooms, a 6oz can of Crab Meat - 0 carbs, 7g Protein. *And for
salad dressing I use... everyone is going to say "euuuuwww"... Sugar-
Free I-HOP pancake syrup (20 Calories per quarter cup)."

That's totally ****ing disgusting. Not only that but sugar free means
Spenda or some other artificial sweetener. I'm convinced artificial
sweeteners are very dangerous.

Flax seed. Buy it whole and grind it -- not too fine -- in your coffee
mill or mini food processor.

* No more than two tablespoons at a time, * please, and make sure
there
* are no obstacles between you and the bathroom.

But after ingesting the 30 grams of fiber needed each day, 4 months
later, the bathroom was no longer a problem for me.

Yeah, you adjust very quickly. But it can be a bit explosive if you
jump in all at once.

--
Ed Huntress

Perhaps I'm resistant for the following reason:

I've had no choice other than to take antibiotics for my sinus
problems which lasted well over 20 years. Often, I had to take
antibiotics every 6 weeks for two or more weeks at a time. Almost 3
years ago I had a 6th operation on my sinuses and I was started on
10mg of Prednisone a day. It's been 3 years since I've had a sinus
infection or any upper respiratory problems. Sadly, (for me) taking
antibiotics for so long left me very vulnerable to something called C-
diff which I got. I never even heard of C-diff before I was told this
is what I had. It took a very long time for doctors to diagnose that I
had C-diff. When they finally did tell me I had C-diff, which was
after my 4th visit to the ER, I spent almost two weeks in the
hospital. I'm not anxious to have any more problems with needing to go
to the rest room frequently which is what you have to do when you have
C-diff.

Since I started drinking fresh vegetable juice, I only have to take
Prednisone very infrequently when my sinus passages swell and I have
difficulty breathing through my nose.

* *Oh, *man, that's a bummer. * My fishing buddy has had about the
same
* *number of sinus operations as you, *and he's gone through hell for
* * * close to 30 years (they finally fixed him up around two years
ago). *My
mother had C-difficile twice (picked up once in a hospital, and then
in a nursing home: they're breeding grounds for it), and I know what
*she* went through.

* *It sounds like you need a very personally-tuned diet to deal with
* those things. *'Hope you get it worked out.

I remember hearing someplace that two teaspoons of bee honey
(unprocessed and straight from the hive) will cure your sinuses
forever.

Sounds like pure folk belief horse**** to me.

I've never tried it, but I wonder what it would be like.