Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Cast bullet gear question..

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:21:58 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Mar 4, 8:30*pm, John B. wrote:

Assuming that you are using the sizer die as designed - pushing the
bullet all the way through it - the sized bullet will be the diameter
of the smallest portion of the die.

Cheers,

John B.

That was my thought. I have never done any sizing, but my
understanding was that the bullet went thru the die. As long as that
is the case , taper in the die should not matter.

Dan

Depending on the type of sizer it may have holes in it through which
lube is injected to apply lube as well as size, or it may just be a
sleeve with the correct I.D. But either type always forces the bullet
completely through the sizing die.

--
Cheers,

John B.