Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eat Organics - NOT Moi!

On Mar 4, 8:07*pm, BottleBob wrote:
On Monday, March 4, 2013 3:15:07 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 4, 8:11*am, Transition Zone wrote:
How ever you can get the 30 grams of fiber each day. *When you're over
40, going to those vitamin stores and getting those new cannisters of
fiber and nutrients and putting a scoop of that in water, mixing it up
and having the 30 grams every day that you need. *Its that or health
problems.

I'm not convinced that not getting 30 grams every day of protein would
be bad for me. Perhaps I'm skeptical because I have no faith at all in
the FDA.

Jon:

* * * Protein and fiber are two different things. *I don't know if you just used the wrong word, or are confusing the two terms.
* * * The structural components of all your cells are composed of various proteins which can be further broken down into amino acids. *Around 60 Billion cells (that's Billion with a "B"), die each day due to apoptosis (programmed cell death).

* * *You ***NEED*** protein intake to rebuild & replace those cells.. *Egg whites, Greek yogurt, Protein powder, whatever.

* * *Look up apoptosis.

* * *Fiber? *Add some prune juice to your juicers. * LOL

--
BottleBob *http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I wasn't clear. My bad. I'm concerned with both fiber and protein.