Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default Eat Organics - NOT Moi!

On Monday, March 4, 2013 3:15:07 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 4, 8:11*am, Transition Zone wrote:

How ever you can get the 30 grams of fiber each day. *When you're over
40, going to those vitamin stores and getting those new cannisters of
fiber and nutrients and putting a scoop of that in water, mixing it up
and having the 30 grams every day that you need. *Its that or health
problems.

I'm not convinced that not getting 30 grams every day of protein would
be bad for me. Perhaps I'm skeptical because I have no faith at all in
the FDA.

Jon:

Protein and fiber are two different things. I don't know if you just used the wrong word, or are confusing the two terms.
The structural components of all your cells are composed of various proteins which can be further broken down into amino acids. Around 60 Billion cells (that's Billion with a "B"), die each day due to apoptosis (programmed cell death).

You ***NEED*** protein intake to rebuild & replace those cells. Egg whites, Greek yogurt, Protein powder, whatever.

Look up apoptosis.

Fiber? Add some prune juice to your juicers. LOL

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob