Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to build a file rack?

On Mar 4, 10:02*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Don, there's something to be said for "evolution of design". *If
spherical handles worked better for files than the present general shape,
they'd be spherical by now.

Lloyd

I am not so sure. I use a Dvorak keyboard layout and think it is
better than the querty or Sholes keyboard. Do you know the history of
the Sholes keyboard? Sholes made one of the earliest typewriters. It
was quite different from the typewriters of the 1960's. The keys
struck the paper on the bottom of the platten so the typist could not
see a word that had just been typed. It also did not use any springs
to speed up the return of the key. As a result a fast typist would
jam the keys. Sholes solution was to rearrange the letters on the
keyboard so that people could not type as fast. If evolution of
design really happened, the Querty keyboard would be history.

Dan