Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Lane[_2_] Mike Lane[_2_] is offline

Default Oven thermometers

Gordon Henderson wrote on Mar 4, 2013:

In article . com,
Mike Lane wrote:

I have one of these:
http://thermometer.co.uk/427-oven-th...and-timer.html

It seems quite accurate - boiling water reads 100C. It's excellent for
measuring the internal temperature of food while cooking in the oven

Almost got one of those, but went for the dual-probe "Heston" ones
a while back - which is good to be used while stuff is cooking
(Keep the actual meter outside the oven though!) It works in the
BBQ too http://unicorn.drogon.net/chickens.jpg

Gordon

I looked at those, but from what I understand the alarm can only be set to
certain preset values, whereas the ETI one can be set from any value from 0
to 300C.

I sometimes use it set to 5 degrees to check when food is defrosted for
example.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire