Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Cast bullet gear question..

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 07:38:25 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 06:28:56 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

Ive got a couple firearms Id like to try a bigger cast bullet in
(Microgroove among others)

My molds will cast a larger bullet..say .461...but I need to size to
..459

I have, lets say ,a lubricator/ sizer die that will do .457

Any good way to open them up .002?

One assumes that they are harder than hell, and I dont have a good way
to id grind them and keep out taper.

Any suggestions or ?

Before the jig grinder was invented, that kind of work (opening up
hardened drill jigs, mostly) was done in a lathe with a high-speed
internal grinder.

A Dremel in your tool post works.

--
Ed Huntress

Can you say Sunnen hone?

I can say it. I just can't afford it.

--
Ed Huntress

Piece of cake---capable of working to millionths in quailified hands.

Harold