Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 15:17:09 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:42:36 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:51:05 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 07:58:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Because they're the weapon of choice for gun owners to kill masses of

1st grade children and theater goers. It's a cultural thing, like

outlawing the wearing of pants on Main Street, that have no crotch.

Ed,

Just curious, do you really believe banning a particular style of weapon is
going to fix the urban/social problem?

No. But outlawing the practice of walking through town with your dick
hanging out isn't going to stop rapes, either. I have no problem with
people who want to outlaw either one. As Robert Bork said, all laws
are legislation of morality, and many of those moral choices we have
to live with are the opinions of other people. That's democracy for
you.

Look, Roger let on that his real reason for building an AR is to be
ready to slaughter liberals in the Second Civil War. Like Gunner and
Larry, he's a Walter Mitty Minuteman, with camo and night-vision
goggles. He yearns for the opportunity to kill people he doesn't like
and he knows that an AR is both practically and symbolically the right
tool for the job.

Roger wants to flaunt the child-killing guns, the guns used for mass
slaughter of civilians. Based on the polls, most people consider those
guns to be obscene, for just that reason. I'd like to see how many
people think that walking down the street waving your wang is obscene.
I'll guess that the numbers are similar.

Forget politics for a bit, but just focus on the social issue. What would you
do to solve the problem?

The urban social problem? Sorry, that one is 'way above my pay grade.

You seem to be familiar with guns, what weapon would be a better choice for close in work?

On first graders, or on liberals?

Do you really believe it's about the weapon or people? I guess that's what
I'd like to know about you?

It's the weapons that those people choose, and it's the people
themselves. The two go together like a hand in a glove.

The obnoxious thing about ARs, particularly of those that people have
bought in the last few months, is that the big attraction is that
they're the best, proven massacre guns on the civilian market. They
have fame by association and people are paying outrageous sums for
fame, to get a little of that "Man Card" rub-off that Bushmaster
promoted before Sandy Hook. (they've taken their ads for that down. No
more "renewing your Man Card" with a Bushmaster, bub. But Bushmaster
knew their market, all right.) They're really ****ty guns for any
reasonable civilian use: ammo-sensitive, requiring stunt work to shoot
anywhere near the groups of a good bolt-action; terrible lock times
from early in the last century, like a 1917 Enfield; in .223, one of
the more useless cartridges for civilian use this side of a .25-20.

But they're great for killing kids huddled up in a classroom.

Instead of wanting to distance themselves from the guns used in Aurora
and Sandy Hook, these clowns seem to be buying them because of their
fame as slaughter-guns. They're evidence of a disease that has
permeated gun culture in the US, and my fear is that it could be
fatal.

Now, stand back while I paper-patch my smoke pole, by cracky. d8-)

Isnt it interesting to watch the Eastern Blue State mind set displayed
publicly like that, boys and girls?

This is the sort of thing that those of us that live west of Boston so
often never see.

Read it again and again..and remember where DC is.

Right! And check out the latest Fox News poll to see what *real*
Americans think about banning ARs and other semi-automatic weapons. In
the poll, 54% to 42% want to...uh...ummm................ban them.

sob!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...d-gun-control/

January 18th is the latest poll?

Laugh laugh laugh!