Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default Eat Organics - NOT Moi!

On Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:50:46 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 3, 7:10*pm, BottleBob wrote:

snip

* * * * Now to add all these up: 1.65 + 1.72 + 1.1 + 2 +.32 +.49 = 7g Protein. *That doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to even the sedentary RDA figure of 56g of protein needed for normal body functioning. *You'd have to drink like 8 of those per day to get the required 56g of protein, and you could just FORGET about trying for 109g or Protein per day.

* * * * I would conclude that the juicer sites you went to are doing you (and others), a disservice with their "information".

What do you recommend I eat or take to get the protein you say I need?
I would prefer the least amount of calories possible as I wish to lose
50 pounds to get to what I think is about my ideal weight.

Jon:

The Protein part should be easy enough. Just get some "Whey Protein Isolate", a couple of scoops (the scoop usually comes in the container), is like 60g of Protein - minimal carbs, minimal fat. Just put them in your juices. You probably wouldn't even notice it, taste wise. And if you DO notice it, it's Vanilla.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Adva...ndingMethod=rr

I know you don't like Walmart, but maybe you could sneak in wearing a hoodie and pretend to yourself you're someone else, or something. LOL
No need to pay extravagant prices at a Health Food store, if it's not necessary.

But your juicers may be deficient in other nutrients. I supplement with Vitamins A,E,C,D,D3,Calcium, AND take a Centrum Silver (Mens 50+), for good measure to get all the minor minerals etc, etc.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob