Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 08:54:29 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 23:24:23 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

snip

What are you going to do with it if you ever finish it?

Im sure he is going to simply "collect it".

He builds it, and then collects it?? "RogernN, maker of collectible
poodle-shooters."

Why do you call it a poodle shooter? The US military didn't use them to
shoot poodles. The army manual says they can be effective out to 600 yards.
I already have many rifles that aren't on the "assault weapons ban" list,
I'm wanting the guns that gun grabbers don't want me to have.

No the Army determined that aimed fire, for all the talk about it, was
very seldom used in battle and that the number of causalities was in
direct proportion to the number of shots fired and that the longer
range capabilities of the 30-06 or 308 were almost never used in
actual combat which usually takes place at much shorter distances and
finally that a soldier can carry a lot more light ammunition than he
can heavy.

You can research this yourself as the information is in the public
domain.
--
Cheers,

John B.