Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Oven thermometers

On Mar 3, 10:45*pm, "David.WE.Roberts" wrote:
We think our oven is running cooler than the temperature dial indicates.

The oven thermometer seems to agree.

However, how accurate are oven thermometers?

Ours is an analogue one - presumably some sort of internal coil.

Made by Copco.

There seem to be loads of choices via Google and most of the mechanical
ones look very similar - stainless steel back, clip to go on the oven
shelf, pointer and dual C/F scale.

Oh, and where in the oven is the best place to measure?

By the glass is easy to read, the temperature sensor must be at the edge
somewhere, but should it be as close to central as possible? Even on a fan
oven?

Cheers

Dave R

Some oven thermostats have an adjusting screw.