Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default mold forms on cords, knobs, and tool handles

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" writes:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Thanks again. I'll spare you my lecture on the topic. The simple
version is from Sherlock Holmes, where Watson "sees" but does not
"observe". Plastic rot is similar in that we "see" mold, but few have
the time, abilities, and equipment to test if it's really mold.

Or in other words, another failure of the proper application of
Occam's Razor. All things being equal, the simplest explanation is that
it is mold.

I can't believe this thread is still going on and people are still suggesting
mold. A few seconds with Google will explain the process.

Try "white powder screwdriver" and actually read a few of the posts.

Then maybe the OP will come back and report what he smells.

This was discussed here in alt.home.repair a few years ago.

--
Dan Espen