Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_5_] Snag[_5_] is offline

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:22:13 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Those polls are all run by experts who know exactly how to do a
random sample, Snag. You won't get anywhere by trying to pick holes
in them, except to dig a hole of denial for yourself.

As I said upthread , I neither own nor desire to own an AR-platform
weapon . I also agree with you? whoever it was that said
basically that this particular firearm has been demonized by the
MSM . EEEEEEEeeeeeviiiiillllllllll assault weapon ! Good only for
killin' innercent chirrens and mall shoppers .
I'll just have to make do with Dad's 7.7 Arisaka and my 20 ga bolt
shotgun . Oh , and that bow and arrow set I made from an Osage
Orange tree and plum saplings .

I think you'll be better off. As for the "demonizing," it's the result
of some facts on the ground, some really perverse marketing, and that
sickness I talk about that has infected American gun culture. Of
course the press has picked up on it, particularly the horrific mass
killings in which they have been involved. They cover the news, and
that's been the news.

I understand all that , Ed . My point was that it is a matter of
perception , not necessarily of fact . IF AR's were cheaper , I might have
bought one . There are , however , other choices out there that do the same
job equally well - or better .
BTW , I don't own an AK either .
--
Snag