Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On 3/3/2013 4:27 PM, Snag wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 12:29:09 -0800, Gunner
wrote:
Isnt that Pesky 2nd Amendment a total pain in the ass for you Blue
staters and the Media who propagandize so well?

Not at all. The Second Amerndment doesn't protect them. See D.C. v.
Heller. Where does it say ARs are protected?

Actually Gunner , he's just expressing his opinion of one particular model
of semi-auto rifle . While I see the utility value of a semi-auto for
certain situations ... I do not now own nor do I plan on purchasing an
AR15/M16 clone . It's long been my opinion that they're not worth the asking
price TO ME . 5.56 MM is designed to WOUND , which ties up a lot more
resources and personnel than outright killing . While that is acceptable and
in fact desirable in a military action , I for one do not want a bunch of
wounded guys hollerin' out in the front yard . Not only will that attract
more pests , it may very well disturb my sleep . I like .30 cal minimum for
defense ...
Now before y'all jump on me for "wanting to mow 'em down as they attack"
let me just say that that is ONE scenario , which if I get my stuff right
will never happen . I'd much rather slip away unseen and unheard than have
an armed confrontation . Actually , where I'm moving to pretty much
everybody is of a like mind , rendering the point moot . Country boy can
survive ...

I won't own an AR either but I know a lot of people that use them in
competitions and I defend the spirit of the SA. It's not unreasonable
to want or own an AR or an AK just because they look mean to leftists
and are used in .012% of murders. To prevent gun crime, keep guns out
of the hands of those that commit gun crimes...leftists!