Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eat Organics - NOT Moi!

On Mar 2, 8:56*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:28*pm, BottleBob wrote:

On Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:11:46 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Mar 2, 5:07*pm, BottleBob wrote:

"I was never a fan of rabbit food myself, until just a few years ago.

I now get 10oz-12oz packages of Leafy Romaine salad. *I put in some
mushrooms, a 6oz can of Crab Meat - 0 carbs, 7g Protein. *And for
salad dressing I use... everyone is going to say "euuuuwww"... Sugar-
Free I-HOP pancake syrup (20 Calories per quarter cup)."

That's totally ****ing disgusting. Not only that but sugar free means
Splenda or some other artificial sweetener. I'm convinced artificial
sweeteners are very dangerous.

Jon:

* * * Yeah, I'll have to admit putting syrup on salad SOUNDS gross. *But it sure tastes good.
* * * I sometimes use Calorie-Free Walden Farms salad dressings. *But they are VERY high in sodium.

* * * The IHOP syrup DOES use the artificial sweetener sucralose (Splenda). *But all artificial sweeteners are not created equal.

================================================== ==========http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucralose

"In determining the safety of sucralose, the FDA reviewed data from more than 110 studies in humans and animals. Many of the studies were designed to identify possible toxic effects, including carcinogenic, reproductive, and neurological effects. No such effects were found, and FDA's approval is based on the finding that sucralose is safe for human consumption." For example, McNeil Nutritional LLC studies submitted as part of its U.S. FDA Food Additive Petition 7A3987 indicated that "in the 2-year rodent bioassays....there was no evidence of carcinogenic activity for either sucralose or its hydrolysis products..."[26]

Safety studies
Results from over 100 animal and clinical studies in the FDA approval process unanimously indicated a lack of risk associated with sucralose intake.[27][28][29][30] However, some adverse effects were seen at doses that significantly exceeded the estimated daily intake (EDI), which is 1.1 mg/kg/day.[31] When the EDI is compared to the intake at which adverse effects are seen, known as the highest no adverse effects limit (HNEL), at 1500 mg/kg/day,[31] there is a large margin of safety. The bulk of sucralose ingested is not absorbed by the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and is directly excreted in the feces, while 11-27% of it is absorbed.[4] The amount absorbed from the GI tract is largely removed from the blood stream by the kidneys and eliminated in the urine, with 20-30% of the absorbed sucralose being metabolized.[4]

* * *And here's an abstract from Pubmed (a science journal archive).

================================================== ==========http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19464334

Abstract
Sucralose is a non-nutritive sweetener used in a broad range of foods and beverages and is the non-nutritive sweetener in retail SPLENDA Sweetening Products, composed of sucralose and common food ingredients. A review of the extensive body of evidence that supports the safety of sucralose is provided. The results of an independent review of a new study investigating the safety of a sucralose-mixture retail product, Granulated SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, are also discussed. The collective evidence supports the conclusion that the ingredient, sucralose, is safe for use in food and that the sucralose-mixture product, Granulated SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, is also safe for its intended use.

* * * Now I'll admit that the artificial sweetener Aspartame doesn't fare nearly so well in the health dept.

--
BottleBob *http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I don't want to consume man made chemicals anymore and I don't trust
the FDA. The FDA can't even properly police a peanut butter plant:

http://www.wtvm.com/story/21421925/p...ion-of-america

"The FDA knew the testing protocol of the Peanut Corporation of
America and yet they continued to allow it to go forward."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_...ion_of_America