Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 3/2/2013 1:05 PM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 3/2/2013 11:02 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in

Anything to keep the kids off the lawn, right Radcliffe?? ...

No problems with kids in my yard. Radburn has the parks for the
kids. Each house has the kitchen on the street (mostly cul-de-sac)
side, and another door that leads either directly to the park (ours)
or via a walkway between houses to the park. See http://radburn.org.

Also many people here adher to the village theory: It takes a
village to educate the kids. Very old-fashioned perhaps, but we try
to keep it that way.

That's a grouchy old man joke, Han. Traditionally something old men
are always yelling at the neighborhood kids:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...et+off+my+lawn

Yes, but I'd like a penny for every time it happened for real in the US.
Just for a week, or maybe just a day. Could use it to help feed some
hungry people ...

Truth were told, I'm the first one in the yard playing with them,
especially if they have a remote controlled helicopter, airplane, or car
.... my depression era parents refused to spring for an electric train.

Not kidding, until I gave it one of the kids, I kept a remote controlled
jeep in the shop just to tease both the neighbor's kids, and the dogs,
with mysterious, unmanned drive-bys.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net