Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

Swingman wrote in
:

On 3/2/2013 10:34 AM, Han wrote:

My sister knows how I hate lawns and sent me a copy of her friend's
book for Christmas. It was -so- fresh off the presses (several
days) that I've had to let the ink air out for awhile. It looks
like a real keeper but I haven't yet read it. Perhaps your wife
would like a copy, too. http://tinyurl.com/bzfa6bk (not yet
available at Amazon)

The New American Front Yard: Kiss Your Grass Goodbye!

That's the back yard on the cover of the book. The front yard has a
bit of time to get there ...

I walk by a number of those around here on a daily basis ... the pup
is not impressed, but I like the idea.

Anything to keep the kids off the lawn, right Radcliffe?? ...

No problems with kids in my yard. Radburn has the parks for the kids.
Each house has the kitchen on the street (mostly cul-de-sac) side, and
another door that leads either directly to the park (ours) or via a
walkway between houses to the park. See http://radburn.org.

Also many people here adher to the village theory: It takes a village to
educate the kids. Very old-fashioned perhaps, but we try to keep it that
way.

--
Best regards
Han